book reviews, tales, self-musings, and other randomness

Powered by Blogger.

Book Review Publication: The Last Mrs. Parrish




Happy November, everyone!

For the past month, I've been occupied with work and school, and just trying to juggle both simultaneously. Unfortunately, I am still semi-dealing with the "reading slumps," which is no bueno. But it is my senior year in college, and the pressure and stress of finishing up my studies while looking for a long-term job is stressful. It is hard trying to fit in recreational activities (like reading) into my already hectic schedule. Luckily, the New Year is approaching and I am already starting to jot down ideas as to what should be my New Year's Resolution, and it mainly concerns READING. Hopefully, I'll stick to my self-made promises for 2018!

Recently, I published a book review in The Sentinel, a local newspaper near my college town. It is a requirement for students in the Reviewing the Arts and Publications class to publish at least one review for their portfolio. Since I am taking that class for my minor, I decided to publish two reviews--a film review and a book review on the psychological thriller novel The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine. I will not reiterate what I stated in my book review, but I will say that it is excellent! This is the debut novel of Liv Constantine, which is the pen name for sisters Valerie and Lynne Constantine. If you happened to like Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, then you will definitely love The Last Mrs. Parrish.

To read my review in The Sentinel, click here.

Thank you for reading and for your support, everyone!

x, K

No comments